- A good lock. Do your research http://thebestbikelock.com/
- Bright colours/reflective wear. It makes a HUGE difference for being seen on the roads.
- A good map or GPS. Request a personalised one here to ensure you can get from A to B quickly and safely: www.sydneycycleways.net/map/
- A bell — it’s illegal not to have one on your bike.
- Finally, a bicycle! Check out your local bike shop, browse Gumtree or find a good secondhand dealer.
Listen to AFTRS FM for more tips and stories about cycling in Sydney.